Friday, April 16, 2010

La Primavera

Now, whether is is because my name is in fact the expression of an epic day in June ...when the warmth of sunlight hits exactly where you are on Earth so perfectly that you wonder if there had ever been a better moment? And so you smile because the fact that you cannot open your eyes without squinting and the anxiety of being followed by a black and yellow predator doesn't quite bother you because you take that risk as you enter a public museum of nature's flawlessness in the presence of an endless floral wonder.  ... or because I am just a warmblooded human being... I do believe there is little in this continuum of time, better than a delightful spring day.  This dia de la primavera I find myself in Bilbao, Spain, where the last few days have been equally as wondrous.  The beauty of this city reminds me of the glamor I see in episodes of Sex and the City or The Hills, and while Boston is of course breathtaking as well, the city has yet to have a major pop culture series filmed within its limits.  

I started my day kayaking in the Nervion River that runs through the gorgeous city of Bilbao, and as the sun hit the water and I looked around, I truly felt happy to be alive.  Later my amigas and I wondered down the Gran Via; the bustling crowds of the area made for an ideal movie set.  Loving this weather, just two days prior I found myself very Alice in Wonderland esc as I sat under the limited shade a tree on a hill of grass outside my University and fell asleep to the narrative of James F Cooper, waking as a fell down a rabbit hole, no not really, actually waking to the laughter of students playing Frisbee and a caterpillar joining my alone time.  Soon after I gathered my stuff, ipod in tote listening to my new favorite- Dom Kennedy, to walk along the river and take an impromptu Guggenheim photo shoot.  Walking the cobble stone streets of this beautiful city and gazing at the sun through the architecture of creatures nothing less than artists, puts a smile on my face and makes me appreciate life even more. 


Advice, study abroad if you have the opportunity; travel, live! 


Written During #nowplaying: 500 Day of Summer Soundtrack        

 

No comments:

Post a Comment